Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP, Underage consumption, and Keg law violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racing991

Well, i am in a weird and bad situation. I had a party a week before my 18th birthday, my parents werent home. The cops came on a noise complaint and gave some kids underage consumption charges. I also admitted to drinking but we were not breathalized.I kind of had no control over the kids coming in and they kind of just invited themselves. I barely even had one beer, but there was a lot of beer at my house, i didnt provide anything.Iv been charged with MIP, Underage consumption, and Keg law violation, and i just got a mail to go to juv court (which is 3 weeks after my 18th bday). I live in Ohio. What do i do, what will happen to me, and will these charges be on my perm record (since they happened when i was a juv, but im now 18)?? Thanks!!

Racing991 said:
Well, i am in a weird and bad situation. I had a party a week before my 18th birthday, my parents werent home. The cops came on a noise complaint and gave some kids underage consumption charges. I also admitted to drinking but we were not breathalized.I kind of had no control over the kids coming in and they kind of just invited themselves. I barely even had one beer, but there was a lot of beer at my house, i didnt provide anything.Iv been charged with MIP, Underage consumption, and Keg law violation, and i just got a mail to go to juv court (which is 3 weeks after my 18th bday). I live in Ohio. What do i do, what will happen to me, and will these charges be on my perm record (since they happened when i was a juv, but im now 18)?? Thanks!!

This is not good and you would do best to hire an attorney. I don't know what might be arranged since you received three violations. You are fortunate not to have been given additional summonses for providing alcohol to minors. The attorney will create a strategy for you based upon your case and I'll bet will more likely enter into a plea agreement with the prosecutor. I don't know if this is the kind of case where you can have an adjudication withheld and then complete a probationary period which, if successful, would result in the charges being dismissed.

Note that you don't need a breathalyzer test if you admitted to drinking. Why do they need any test if you don't dispute the fact? I hope you have good luck with your court date and discussion with the prosecutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back