Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP of Alcohol Juvenile Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

My 17 year old daughter and her 18 year old boyfriend were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They stopped by a park to pick up a friend to go bowling and were caught up in a police action of underage drinking going on. They and the others were brought back to the police station where all of their information was collected. The police telephoned the parents to pick up their youth. When the officer brought my daughter out, he told us that she would be receiving a summons in the mail for possession of alcohol as a minor and potentially trespassing, and that she would need to appear in court. Neither of them have ever been in trouble and I truly don't believe that either of them were drinking. They should have left immediately when they realized what was going on. They tell me they were there less than 5 minutes when the police arrived.

Could someone tell me what the process is from here? What will happen at court? Should I be doing something in advance of receiving the summons? How do diversion programs play into this? Should I hire an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back