Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP MIC kansas - court date 05/07/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinbass1

I received a minor in possesion charge last night and would like to know what my best options are. The violation was listed as "P/P/C/ of alchol by a minor 4-103" in kansas. I was drinking at a friends appartment and i unfortunately opened the door to a police officer while holding a beer. Out of 6 or so others, one of whom was 21, i was the only one written a charge. To the others the police officer stated that there was clearly more minors in consumption and that they should just leave at that point. The officer even addressed one of the minors by her name and told her to get out of there. I was handcuffed and brought to the officer's car where he took my information and printed me the citation. I don't know how procedure should follow but i was not read my rights until i was given my ticket. Also on the way to his car the officer spoke to another officer whom he told that i was the only one he was going to charge and there was nothing else to do at the place. He also told me at that i was not allowed to re-enter the appartment.

That's pretty much the extent of what i remember, i'll add if anything else comes up. Heres a website that briefly outlines kansas MIP MIC laws http://www.enhlaw.com/minor_in_possession.htm

the mip is my main concern at this point but if anyone would like to add i'm curious about what might happen to my 21 year old friend. The took his name and told him there may be a warrant out for him later, he asked to just be cited and arrested right then but nothing else happened

let me know if you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back