Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyme75110

My son and 3 other friends got a ride home with a older friend (23) who apparently had an open container he got pulled over but none of the kids had been drinking or had the container in hand. They all got MIP tickets no tests where done the didnt even have it. A couple went to court and got 30 licencse suspended, 8 hrs community service, alcohol class and a 265 fine. My son just started college in another town and drives himself to work since there is no way any one of us can take him are they going to allow for this plus he is applying for jobs if he doesnt work he cant pay and besides that he is actually inocent on this charge as well as everyone else I think they are getting the shaft on this. Any suggestions. I though MIP was in controll of I looked up the meaning and found this
General Information
A charge of Minor in Possession (M.I.P.) means that you, being a person under the age of 21 years, have been given a citation by a police officer or Texas Alcohol Beverage Control Officer for being illegally in possession, ownership, or control of an alcoholic beverage. The principal element of this crime, which must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, is that you were in possession, ownership, or control of an alcoholic beverage.

I dont know if he should fight it or not. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back