Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiller0182

I got an MIP for consumption of alcohol in February 2004. I plead guilty and paid the $200 fine because I did not know of any other options. The charge is supposed to remain on my record for 7 years. In September 2004, MIP law revisions went into effect from Public Act No. 63. This new law gives first-time offenders a break of not having a misdemeanor record if he/she completes probation requirements. Since this law was passed after my MIP charge, I was wondering if now, more than a year later, there is any way I could have the MIP cleared from my record by completing some type of community service or probation?? I don't care that I paid the fine or anything, I just want my record cleared if at all possible.

You should ask some1 at secretary of state or court office about this matter to see if you need to file an appeal . But just want to warn you that the new law give first offender a break but there is a catch I'm talking about $$$$ and time and they will put you on random alcohol/drug testing for a year the cost will add up ($40-50 each time and who know how many times they selected you ?). So study it b4 you make your decision .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back