Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse MIP in michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyD

This past weekend i traveled to Mt. pleasant to visit my girlfriend, i visited with some friends before going to see her and we all were going to the same apartment to hang out. One of the people we were with had beer in a backpack and put it in the trunk. On the way to the apartment we were pulled over for having a license plate light out. It was 2 state cops they asked the driver if there was anything there shouldn't be in the car he said yes. None of us have been drinking at the time. After patting us all down he asked us all if we knew if it was in the trunk like 2 or 3 people said yeah and i remained silent. He had us pour out all of my friends beer and they continued to write us all tickets for mip. So my question is should i fight it? With my major i cannot really afford to have an MIP on my record and i feel this is unjust. Also i can't really afford a lawyer at the time.

Thank you,
Danny

you should deffinitley fight for it!! i just got an MIP recentely aswell and it sucks!! and im deffinitly fighting for it to be dropped to a civil infraction!! and the fact that it was in the trunk!! yah thats dumb!! whens your court date?!? also if you cant afford a lawyer you can get one appointed to you!!

An MIP will not preclude your from getting into MED school. MIP in Michigan used to be a Civil Infraction. It keeps evolving in Michigan greatly due to the influence of MADD.

People get into Med School with marijuana possession, drunk driving, etc. Don't make it a bigger monster than it already is.

As far as fighting it goes, I greatly encourage it. Do you go to Michigan State? They used to have free legal counsel for students in trouble, not sure if that covers Mt. Pleasent/CMU, however. It's through ASMSU.

If you read the criminal forums on this website enough, you'll notice that MICHIGAN seems to have more MIPS than any other State, including California, by far.

Good Luck and hopefully get some better sleep. It's not the end of the world, not even close.

If you look at the top of the page to the top right corner, you'll notice I sent you a private message about a Medical School I know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back