Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in Michigan--Possible Consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

apunkylady

I was recently pulled over by a state police officer while driving on the highway. I had JUST taken two or three shots of vodka while I was driving and I had the open container in my car. I was speeding (88 in a 70 zone) and that was the initial reason while I was pulled over. When I opened my window to talk to him, he said he could smell alcohol on my breath and asked me how much I had to drink. I told him, and he asked me to step out of my car. He then gave me a breathalizer and I blew a .034. I also was with my friend, who is 25, and he was given a breathalizer, as well. I'm not sure what he blew, but it was lower than me. Since I'm 18 and I'm not allowed to drive with ANY alcohol in my system, he let my friend drive us home. He really should have taken us to jail but he let me off with an MIP and a 5-over speeding ticket. My friend got an open container ticket, even though it was my alcohol. I'm scheduled to go to court on January 3, and I just want to know what to expect. Will I be put on probation or just have to pay fines and maybe go to classes or do community service, or what? I also have another misdemeaner on my record for retail fraud in the 3rd degree. Will they look at my record and give me a harder sentence? I'm not on probation now. I'm just wondering what to expect and what possible consequences I might have to deal with.

I had a few MIPs way back in the day...all I had to do was pay a fine. Nowadays, it is hard to tell...but they may place you on probation, along with the fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back