Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP & Fraudulent Misrepresentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoabilly

Coming from: Coeur d' Alene, ID. 19 years old.

Friday night I was out and the bouncer recognized me from school and that the ID I was trying to give him was not me. The cops were right beside him so he pushed me into them. The cop started to give me a sobriety test - he did the finger thing and then stopped. Then asked me how much I drank, first I denied it and then we finally settled on "one 12oz beer" (on the ticket it says I admitted to drinking it) and then I got in trouble for also using my friends ID since I couldn't remember any of her information. I'm supposed to call in on Friday to find out what to do. Should I get a lawyer before then or just stick with a public person they appoint? Do I plead guilty, not guilty? It's my first time ever being in trouble. I'm just really confused and don't know how to handle this. Anyone know what I'll end up having to pay/do?

Show up to court when you are instructed to and request a public defender before making any plea.

This is minor... don't sweat it too much... but depending upon your state laws on the matter you could face a potential suspension of your driver's license due to an alcohol infraction as a minor.

... and before you ask... no, they did not need to do a breathalyzer or blood test. Your admission to drinking the one beer is sufficient.

whoabilly said:
I was thinking of pleading no contest vs. guilty? what way should I roll

Either one of those pleas will result in the same punishment.

You'll still have the conviction, too.

A nolo contendre (no contest) plea amounts to a conviction.

Generally, people use nolo pleas to limit or avoid any financial responsibility in personal injury or death cases.

You'd be better off pleading not guilty and seeing what the prosecutor will do to lower or even dismiss the charge.

There are penalties that you may not know about in these types of cases. You might also lose your driving privileges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how can I plead not guilty if I admitted to drinking and it says so on the ticket and I had the ID in my hand trying to get into the bar? I just don't know how this works.

whoabilly said:
how can I plead not guilty if I admitted to drinking and it says so on the ticket and I had the ID in my hand trying to get into the bar? I just don't know how this works.

You weren't under oath when you allegedly said those things.

You signed no confession.

Did you know that you didn't have to answer any questions?

Having an ID and using an ID are two entirely different matters.

That is why you need an attorney.

The state has to prove what they have only charged you with.

This isn't hard if you just stop talking.

Talk to a lawyer and see how this whole thing can be eliminated.

Or, plead not guilty before a judge, and ask for a court appointed lawyer, if you don't have the funds to hire your own lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I told him I used it at a different bar to have 1 beer prior to trying to get in to the bar that I was caught at. I'm sure they have a police report or something. I know I shouldn't have said anything but I was scared they were going to take me to jail if I lied

I know I shouldn't have said anything but I was scared they were going to take me to jail if I lied

Have you heard the phrase, "It will be easier on you if you only come clean" ?

Well, don't believe it!!

well I went and talked to my lawyer today he isn't able to really tell me anything yet since he hasn't gone over the police report. I hope they can clean this up! :(

thank you everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back