Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP for tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

loriras

Advice, pls? I'm on my way to court with my 17yr. old son, who had rec'd a MIP for tobacco in Waterford, MI. Story has it that a small group of "friends" were at the Nature Center, one of them had marijuana and a pipe for smoking it underneath her as she sat. She admitted to the officer that the pipe was hers, but would not admit to the weed. In retort, the officer issued all members an MIP for tobacco. This sounds ridiculous to me! Any court advice?

loriras said:
Advice, pls? I'm on my way to court with my 17yr. old son, who had rec'd a MIP for tobacco in Waterford, MI. Story has it that a small group of "friends" were at the Nature Center, one of them had marijuana and a pipe for smoking it underneath her as she sat. She admitted to the officer that the pipe was hers, but would not admit to the weed. In retort, the officer issued all members an MIP for tobacco. This sounds ridiculous to me! Any court advice?
Claim that there was no tobacco and that the officer didn't find any tobacco. Technically, they were not in violation of the law that they are being charged with violating!

Let us know what happens and how this turns/turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back