Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP alcohol, gift of alcohol to a minor, nj

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantera6

i (20 years old) was recently stopped by park rangers at sandy hook in new jersey and was charged with underage possession of alcohol( a six pack) and gift of alcohol to a minor ( Their were two girls with me one 20 yrs and one 19). I bought said alcohol for them and freely admitted this to the rangers. I was extremely cooperative and tryed to be as polite as possible. I was given a field sobriety test and passed ( I hadnt been drinking only the girls had.) What are the chances that i may come out of these charges with my drivers liscence intact. And what fines should i expect to pay? Is a public defender worth it? Should i get a lawyer? Im a first time offender with no priors and a good school record. I go to college and am a full time student. Will this help me in the courtroom? Id appreciate any help you can give thanks so much!

the same thing happened to me at sandy hook yesterday. I'm 21 and got charged with gift/sale of alcohol to a person under 21 even though I denied and so did the persons who were under 21. I have a court date in september and I plan to get a lawyer. Let me know how it goes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back