Corporate Law Minority Shareholder Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMI_

Can anyone direct me to a specific site or even a good book that addresses Minority Shareholder rights??

I am in the middle of a lawsuit with a business partner I am trying to terminate. The business is up for sale but this partner is not allowing me access to financial information, interactions with creditors and is now meeting with potential buyers behind my back. Understanding they can not proceed without my approval, what rights do I have here?? The attorney hired to represent the business has also proved to be bias. And my partner has now cliamed self-representation yet the business attorney is speaking for them and is obviously loyal only because of who is writing the check. There has been little representation of what is best for the business or my shares.

My attorney is doing a great job but we have a number of items with an Arbitrator all ready and he is hesitent to send more that direction, instead wanting to see what becomes of the Arbitrator's decision.

I have asked for information on the general rights but he has not given me anything that lays out the basic rules. Not wantitng to run my bill up, does anyone have a site or even a cheap book that would cover general rights here??

My partner owns 65%, I own 35% but we are both liable 100% for financing of the business and all liabilities.

Thanks for any help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back