Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Minor treated as Adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpfish

under what circumstances can a minor, under 18, be treated as a non-minor (18+) ??

i am 17 and was issued a MIP under the Zero Torerence Law in Michigan.

on michiganlegislature.com
act 58 of 1998
under bullet 6...

"A law enforcement agency, upon determining that a person less than 18 years of age ...allegedly consumed... alcoholic liquor in violation of subsection shall notify the parent or parents.... (witin 48 hours)"

My question is.... if they do not notify my parents with in 48 hours, can i use that against them in court? and how should i go about that?

If you weren't incarcerated, it seems you need to read further:

"The notice may be made by any means reasonably calculated to give prompt actual notice including, but not limited to, notice in person, by telephone, or by first-class mail."

Originally posted by jpfish
under what circumstances can a minor, under 18, be treated as a non-minor (18+) ??

i am 17 and was issued a MIP under the Zero Torerence Law in Michigan.

on michiganlegislature.com
act 58 of 1998
under bullet 6...

"A law enforcement agency, upon determining that a person less than 18 years of age ...allegedly consumed... alcoholic liquor in violation of subsection shall notify the parent or parents.... (witin 48 hours)"

My question is.... if they do not notify my parents with in 48 hours, can i use that against them in court? and how should i go about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back