Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Minor in possesion

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprman655

I am 18 and I was at a college football game and was quite drunk. I sat down and hunched over to rest and some police officers saw this and carried me out. I was tested and I blew a .16. I am not concerned about fines or community service or anything like that. What concerns me is that I am here at college on an Army ROTC scholarship and I am afraid this could affect it. I was wondering if I had any options and if so what? I would pay any fine and do any community service and what ever, so long as I could keep my scholarship.

It is impossible to say what the repercussions are going to be without knowing the state you are in and the law which you are charged. Regardless, even after finding all of that out, if there are penalties that are within the discretion of the court, nobody here can tell you what you will or will not receive. Some with experience in the trying court can tell you what is typically expected. It's not like you have the choice of choosing your own penalty. You may not be guilty under the law. If you are, perhaps a making a deal with the prosecutor in exchange for a guilty plea might be adviseable. You really do need to know what you need to do before you enter the courtroom. A guilty plea could affect your scholarship although this seems like a minor offense. A consultation with a legal professional may be adviseable and it is possible that you may have some options for counseling available to you that you should check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back