Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication minor in possesion, in michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkadoo

i was recently given a ticket for a minor in posession of an alcoholic beverage. i have a previous ticket for the same offense that i beleive is off my record, but i'm not sure. the ticket was given to me specifically for having "a draft beer in cup", which is actually false. the cup i had in my hand was empty, in fact the only real evidence of me having any alcohol was that i admited that i had had a beer and a half previously at a party.

the police never gave me a breathaliser, didn't write me up for an open container, never actually asked me specifically how old i was; in fact the first question they asked was for my ID, and assumed my cup had beer in it because the two guys i was walking with both had beer in their cups. the only other questions he asked were how much we paid for the beer, how much we had to drink, and a question about where the party was that he obviously had no interest in because he didn't persue it for a specific location which we would have gladly given. any advice?

superkadoo said:
i was recently given a ticket for a minor in posession of an alcoholic beverage. i have a previous ticket for the same offense that i beleive is off my record, but i'm not sure. the ticket was given to me specifically for having "a draft beer in cup", which is actually false. the cup i had in my hand was empty, in fact the only real evidence of me having any alcohol was that i admited that i had had a beer and a half previously at a party.

the police never gave me a breathaliser, didn't write me up for an open container, never actually asked me specifically how old i was; in fact the first question they asked was for my ID, and assumed my cup had beer in it because the two guys i was walking with both had beer in their cups. the only other questions he asked were how much we paid for the beer, how much we had to drink, and a question about where the party was that he obviously had no interest in because he didn't persue it for a specific location which we would have gladly given. any advice?

What advice do you want? If you admitted drinking the beer then you were in possession of the beer by your own admittance. That's better than any other evidence to support the claim since you don't dispute that fact at all. Other than that, the questions are probably trick questions -- if you provide details about the illegal transaction that would be proof that the transaction took place even if you later try to deny it or claim you never admiitted you actually has possession of the beer. Truth is I'm still hazy as to the details of your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back