Military Law and Constitutional Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

troopsspeakfree

My boyfriend is active duty military and I recently separated from 10 years of active service. I wrote a letter to the editor about a situation on base which cause a bit of a stink on an online forum. There were many opinions that were voiced including my boyfriend's. He never stated anyone specifically (some others did) but he is the only one that they are attempting to persue charges against. I have reviewed the posts over and over as well as the UCMJ and there isn't a whole lot that they can get him with unless it is a real stretch. These folks used to be my chain of command and I am pretty sure he is being punished based on my words. There is no one on base that he can trust enough to get honest answers from at all. When he asked for the Public Affairs regulation he was given a clip of what Libel meant and sited sources that didn't even contain the word. He is being harrassed to an extent that is COMPLETELY uncallled for. I just need some really good legal advice on this to find out what his "rights" are because they are trying there hardest to put him down for this because the base commander is pissed. Please contact me with any and all advice I need some help here.

Thanks a bunch

Troops Speak Free...

There is not enough information in this post to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back