Midas failed to properly repair my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Member 127005

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Took my car to Midas for oil leak valves repair. Midas put on bad spark plug another mechanic said. Midas paid for the spark plug/tune up issue. That part resolved. My car still has start up issues ever since my Midas experience. I had two other parts put on since but still didn't solve issue .

Even after my first resolve with Midas. Would I still be able to sue Midas in small claims since this start issue is ongoing?

I'm guessing by now Midas won't feel liable even though I had this issue since my repair with them over a month ago

Took my car to Midas for oil leak valves repair. Midas put on bad spark plug another mechanic said. Midas paid for the spark plug/tune up issue. That part resolved. My car still has start up issues ever since my Midas experience. I had two other parts put on since but still didn't solve issue .

Even after my first resolve with Midas. Would I still be able to sue Midas in small claims since this start issue is ongoing?

I'm guessing by now Midas won't feel liable even though I had this issue since my repair with them over a month ago
Your vulgar language violates the TOS of this site. If you can't communicate using grown up words, go to an attorney and pay for guidance.

Sounds like a free speech issue JustBlown! Grown ups do swear. Welcome to America!

Is TheLaw another Twitter ready to attack and harass people over petty issues.

I think this thread is a good example for two issues:

1) "Freedom of Speech" relates to governmental action trying to curtail speech that is within the definition of "protected speech" but not private entities - such as Twitter. Since you mention Twitter, it permanently suspended former President Donald Trump's Twitter account as a result of his speech, claiming it was in violation of the terms of service. So if you feel that we're the equivalent of Twitter, that's fine.

2) You can file a lawsuit if you wish and fund it yourself. But if you can't prove that the actions of Midas in replacing your spark plugs caused other problems, you're not going to be successful at winning your case. It doesn't matter what Midas feels. What matters is proving your case - that what happened was the result of Midas' negligence. Mere coincidence or speculation will not do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back