Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIC in Williamson Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori28t

My 17 yr old daughter received an MIC after the officer found said she failed the vertical field sobriety test. When I asked him to give her a breathalyzer he refused. She said she wasn't drinking but it's now his word against hers.
Anything we can do to fight this? She's also a Type 1 Diabetic which I informed him of and her blood sugar level could have an effect on this "vertical" test.
Thank you for your help.

My 17 yr old daughter received an MIC after the officer found said she failed the vertical field sobriety test. When I asked him to give her a breathalyzer he refused. She said she wasn't drinking but it's now his word against hers.
Anything we can do to fight this? She's also a Type 1 Diabetic which I informed him of and her blood sugar level could have an effect on this "vertical" test.
Thank you for your help.

Sigh, plead not guilty and hire her a lawyer, or if you can't afford one, ask the court to appoint one for her.

If she shuts up, stays outta more trouble, this will go away.

The officer likely observed several factors... one of them was probably the scent of the beer, or whatever it was, as it is usually obvious. The officer had no obligation to use a breathalyzer, and may not have even had one. Observations alone will be sufficient in court. The diabetic angle might work if you can produce evidence that it causes the same symptoms, but that won't help a bit if the officer testifies that the scent of alcoholic beverages was emanating from her person.... diabetes doesn't cause that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back