Metropolitan forced me to live with bedbugs for 4 years and now are suing me

Alpha

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I was living in metropolitan housing and my neighbor acquired bedbugs eventually they made their way to my side of the duplex. I started to complain to Metropolitan housing they did an inspection and they called me crazy. I started to complain so much I was told I'm getting on their nerves. I did eventually wind up infested with bedbugs. My daughter moved out at 14 years old. I lost everything. I worked a full-time job and almost lost it. I did at least six hours of work a day to help keep me and my pet safe. All of my money went towards this. Never ever did they help me with this. I eventually got a better job and moved. I bought all new furniture but I still had our clothes and someSome personal and sentimental items in the old apartment. I explain to them why it was taking so long for me to get everything out of there because I didn't want to take the chance of bringing any bugs to the new place. I bought a machine that heated up everything and kill bugs. But now they are suing me. Stating that I abandoned the place. But I've kept in contact with him the whole time. And now they agree there are bedbugs and they treated the apartment. Do I have a case

I also had to buy a new car because the infestation was so bad that eventually the bugs got to my car. Also lost a lot of money having to take my dog to the vet due to being bit. They had their licensed exterminator come and do and inspection which when metropolitans maintenance man were there the inspector said he saw no signs. But he came back a month later and I said yes I needed to be treated and would be back in two weeks So on the day he was to come back I stayed up all night and did everything I was supposed to do on the list even took off work the next day and he never showed up

But now they are suing me. Stating that I abandoned the place.

You must defend their lawsuit IF you don't wish to be stuck with a judgment against you for hundreds of dollars.

I suggest you educate yourself on how to defend the lawsuit, or hire yourself a lawyer.

Do I have a case

Apparently there will be a case against you.

You might be able to counter-claim, if you are sued, for any damages you allege you suffered.

If you suffered damages, you must be able to prove them, not just assert them.

You must defend their lawsuit IF you don't wish to be stuck with a judgment against you for hundreds of dollars.

I suggest you educate yourself on how to defend the lawsuit, or hire yourself a lawyer.

Apparently there will be a case against you.

You might be able to counter-claim, if you are sued, for any damages you allege you suffer in ed.

If you suffered damages, you must be able to prove them, not just assert them.
Why didn't you hire an exterminator at the getgo? Self preservation is nobody's business but your own.
i did. I paid to Have it heat and chemically treated. It worked for a while but then it came back and it seemed as tho multiplied. I couldn't afford another treatment. So I did almost everything I found I could do on the web. The alcohol, the oils, all types of sprays... etc.. I even have them a hamper lid and they stated had signs bed bugs had been present in that area.. well.. what's does that mean? There's been BB there! They came an inspected well sent 2 new maintenance guys .. they left calling me crazy and this is after I showed the markings on my walls and mattress. Dead BB. And their molts. Was told I was crazy. Complained too much bc they said I was getting on their nerves.. they then wanted a video of an alive one in my apartment. I've paid my rent.
And have moved but I have no place to store it and refuse to bring it to an apartment that's new and chance them contatiminating the new place with all new furniture.i was always told ok we understand thank you for letting us know and as far as damages - I failed the holes where o had stuff hung up. I sealed large not done by me. How is this fair?

How is this fair?

Our justice system takes no notice of fairness, as it's only concern is Justice.

The issue of fairness can be addressed in states that concern themselves with both justice and equity.

I don't know if Ohio is among that small minority of states who are often found below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Our justice system takes no notice of fairness, as it's only concern is Justice.

The issue of fairness can be addressed in states that concern themselves with both justice and equity.

I don't know if Ohio is among that small minority of states who are often found below the Mason-Dixon Line.
It just blows my mind. I worked my butt off to get off all assistance and did and now this.. I don't understand honestly.. I could never treat anyone this way

Back