Medical Malpractice Mental institution malpartice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbreur

My dad has been committed for 5 years. But in and out as long as I can remember. He swolles items such as batteries and rasor blades basically anything. In the last 1 yr he has been hospitalized at 3 times and had surgery done to remove items while he was in the care of the state hospital. They were giving him day passes on the grounds and off the grounds without supervision. They have told me since he does better with supervision that is why he gets these passes. But every time he gets a pass he ends up in the hospital. My uncle has the medical power of attorney and they do not notify him of any of these istanaces right away. I'm not sure what to do someone please help. It come to the point I think we need to take legal action to keep him safe

Has your uncle talked to the staff and/or his doctor about giving him no more passes without supervision? A consult with a medical malpractice attorney is an option.

Yes we both have talked to the state hospital. About him not getting passes and other privileges. Our concerns go in heard . I actually had one of his dr tell me that have to give him rewards for doing well supervised. He said he's job was to get my dad out of the state hospital. But no group home will take him because of his past. Thank you for your response i really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back