Mental hospital maltreatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylalola

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I've been mistreated in the mental hospital by staff members. Is it normal for them to tell you that they are going to inject you when you've refused to take a certain medication and wanted to switch over to something different? I've always been compliant but wasn't happy with all the medications I was put on and they kept on telling me that I'll be injected. This is not a state hospital and I was involuntarily admitted. This was a short term stay. I've also been told to fill out a pile of forms while incompetent. It was rather odd because I never had to fill out a 100 page packet upon admission. And I've been asked silly questions everytime I went in. They've stained my underwear and clothes with something yellow and pungent, all I can hear was laughing and them calling me dirty. That I can remember. They've entered my room numerous of times and even had a patient enter my room. That patient touched me in the hospital saying "I had a nice back." Staff didn't do much to prevent it until I mentioned something. But it was displayed in plain site. One time, they threw a bunch of underwear in my room on purpose and acted like it was nothing and laughed. I felt neglected when seeking treatment. I do not know if this is a HIPPA violation but I'd like to understand my situation a bit more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I felt as if the patients were not real patients and I was being investigated. Each patient seemed to know things about me that I've never disclosed to them. I've seen the same woman from the mental hospital that was supposedly a doctor, appear in my neighborhood. This is somewhere that is 25 miles away to where I live. I'll probably end up in jail for writing this but I'd like to know my rights and what laws I'm protected under. I've been interrogated supposedly upon my second admission twice in a row that day, and they were tapping lightly on the keyboard, pretending to jot down information. Also been drugged twice with a strong substance, the pill looked squished and my body turned blue, pain and had body spasms or twitches. They kept on checking on me to see if I was "convulsing". I also been drugged numerous of times because there were chemicals going through the vents and my food had a seasoning with a similar taste, a strong one that induces vomiting. Not just that but I suffer from a so called psychiatric disorder and I've been feeling immense pain in my lower extremities that makes no absolute sense. I've gone to doctors and everything came out normal. I suffer from mental abuse, emotional abuse or verbal abuse from what I hear inside my head and it is constant. Same trigger words everyday. Call me a quack, sane or insane.

Last edited:
Also I have been put on intensive community treatment by the county and I've said things which I have no recollection of. They have accused my family for taking advantage of me. I was in a vulnerable state and I always say yes to everything. Just makes me wonder.

None of us are doctors. We have not reviewed your medical records. If you feel your care has not been satisfactory, seek another opinion.

None of us are doctors. We have not reviewed your medical records. If you feel your care has not been satisfactory, seek another opinion.
I wasn't sure if I was protected under PAIMI act or not? Not sure who to be directed to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back