Medical Malpractice medical negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

blancahpp

last year in September11 2007, I lost a baby , I was 4 months, I went to the hospital with contractions(my pain was so severe that I had a pale color on me). the doctor maid an ultrasound and told me that everything was fine, she gave 2 tylenol and send me home, next day at the middle of the day I started with the contractions again, by 10 pm my water broke , I went to the hospital (emegency) and they put me to bed, I was bleeding so bad for about 2 hours but no doctor appear, my mother was so scare she thought I was going to die becasue of my bleeding, when my mother got the doctor(she went personally and told him) and they got to my bed, he stated to make an ultrasound , but the child was all ready out. now my friend"s sister is pregnant and about when she was 4 months she had contractions and went to another hospital and they give her a shot and contractions stop. My question is if I have a case and if is not to late.
by the way I live in torrance california

Last edited:
I would need more information to determine whether or not you have a case. But, it depends on what state you're in. It may be too late, most lawsuits for Medical Malpractice have to be filed with the court within one year from the learned date of the Malpractice.

I am very sorry for your loss.

There are alot of variables here. First of all you would have to take your records to a malparactice attorney to determine if you have a case. Because you lost the baby does not mean malpractice occured. DR's sometimes cannot stop contractions and sometimes a miscarriage cannot be avoided. If your cervix was dialated to a certain point, they cannot stop the labor. Also regardless of the DR's actions the m/c may have been unavoidable. It would be worth looking into though to see whether or not failed to identify labor and if it could be stopped.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back