Medical Malpractice Medical Malpratice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisarose

Mother went to a local hospital complaining of chest pain and not being able to breath very well. She has a history of blood clots and asthma. The doctor did not do a full medical exam and assumed she was having a panic attack. He sent her to a mental hospital, where she saw some one commit suicide. Two different doctors gave her too much medication. They did not communicate between each other, obviously. When she came home she was not wearing her own clothes and was barefoot, except socks. She was on aproximately 18 different meds. I know because I had to eventually start giving them to her and doing everything else, at 16 years old and still in school. With in about one to two weeks after she was home she started to change. I had to start taking care of her like a child. Feeding her, bathing her, driving, etc. It even got as bad as puting her in depends because she could not make it to the bathroom. Her legs started to get too week. She got to where she could not talk. You name it and it happened.

I called the ER in another county after I found her in laying in her own urine and BM in the floor next to her bed because she could not walk around the corner to the bathroom. They said to bring her in ASAP because she was overdosed. The doctors gave her WAY too many medications. The hospital said if she took those medications any longer she would have died with in two weeks. After the got the drugs out of her system, she complained of the same pains. They did a chest x-ray and found blood clots in her lungs. A filter had to be put in through her stomach to keep blood clots from going to her heart. Ever since then she has been in and out of mental hospitals because she was permanently damaged and diagnosed with Paranoid Schysophrenia. Either the lack of oxygen to the brain or the overdose caused the damage. She has also developed other medical problems since, side effects of different medications. Such as seizers, a little tartive dyskanesia, stomach problems, etc. She is in the mental hospital at LEAST once a year. This is in Tennessee.

There is a lot to this story, but that is the basics. I just want to know if there is anything I can do, legally, about this since I am old enough now and I am next of kin? Since she is not in her right mind, most of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back