Medical Malpractice Medical Malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tara1129

I was being seen by my general physician for carpal tunnel like symptoms in both arms, she referred me to a neurologist to have him perform a nerve conduction test.
He did not perform the test, his assistant(or nurse) performed the test and answered her cell phone between arms. The asst. then left the room and came back saying " He says you are fine, you can go home." Also informing me that he was "flying out" in a few hours.
Because the test was "negative" for carpal tunnel, my doctors ordered an MRI to test for Multiple Scelerosis and brain tumors. The radiologist who read the MRI said that I had 3 bulging discs in my neck and I was sent to Tyler to see a orthopedic doctor. This doctor said the discs were normal and had a colleague redo the nerve conduction test. This time it was performed thoroughly by the doctor, whom informed me that cell phones can interfere with the equipment. The results were positive for carpal tunnel.
I do not feel I should have to pay for the 1st nerve conduction test or the MRI, or the trip and visit with the orthopedic doctor. Can I sue the first neurologists to make him pay for those things? And what about my emotional state for the weeks that I thought I had a terminal disease? And the day I had to take off work?
I live in Texas. I have health insurance but it has $5000 deductible so all of this is an out of pocket expense to me. Any advice would be great. Is it worth seeking an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back