Medical Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

huney5

My mother passed away xmas 2006, 84 Pancreatic Cancer. During her illness I moved her from a terrible nursing facitlity to my home. She was sent Medical supplies, a hospital bed, walker, bench for tub bathing etc. I donated or gave away most of my mothers belongings. Last week I received 3 frantic calls from a medical pharmacy stating they were coming to pick up her hospital bed. My mother had Medicare and Title 19 for insurance. I am afraid to return the phone calls because I no longer have these items. My mom lived in elderly housing and all the residents there had medical supplies. I gave these items to a family who both Mother & daughter have MS...help:dunno:

My mother passed away xmas 2006, 84 Pancreatic Cancer. During her illness I moved her from a terrible nursing facitlity to my home. She was sent Medical supplies, a hospital bed, walker, bench for tub bathing etc. I donated or gave away most of my mothers belongings. Last week I received 3 frantic calls from a medical pharmacy stating they were coming to pick up her hospital bed. My mother had Medicare and Title 19 for insurance. I am afraid to return the phone calls because I no longer have these items. My mom lived in elderly housing and all the residents there had medical supplies. I gave these items to a family who both Mother & daughter have MS...help:dunno:

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your mother and my condolences. Can you get those items back from the family? While it is a little touchy, I am sure that if you explain to them the situation they will be understanding. They should be grateful that they had free usage of these items for the while they had them. Unfortunately these items weren't hers to give away and I understand why you assumed they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back