Medi-Cal May Seize Mobile Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

runner1361

My father in-law who was on Medi-Cal recently passed away leaving hospital bills that are unable to be settled. He is survived by his spouse and one of his two daughters currently living in a mobile home. From what I understand, once my mother in-law eventually passes away the mobile home may be confiscated by Medi-Cal to go towards the settlement. My sister in-law is currently living there and taking care of her in the mobile home and has been diagnosed with a variety of mental illness's. Upon the eventual passing of my mother-law will they still seize the residence and displace my sister in-law or can she be added on the title to the mobile home?

My father in-law who was on Medi-Cal recently passed away leaving hospital bills that are unable to be settled. He is survived by his spouse and one of his two daughters currently living in a mobile home. From what I understand, once my mother in-law eventually passes away the mobile home may be confiscated by Medi-Cal to go towards the settlement. My sister in-law is currently living there and taking care of her in the mobile home and has been diagnosed with a variety of mental illness's. Upon the eventual passing of my mother-law will they still seize the residence and displace my sister in-law or can she be added on the title to the mobile home?

Once these governmental bullies place liens or attach property, it is difficult (if not impossible) to make them take their greedy, sweaty paws off of your property. Today's governments are far more imperialistic and oppressive than the nobles of the 17th and 18th centuries.

No one can predict what MediCal will do at some future point in time. It would appear that they want to seize the mobile home. You should speak with your state legislators to intervene on the behalf of your family. You might also speak with an attorney.

If they've sought to seize the property, it is highly unlikely they'll acquiesce and allow your sister-in-law to be added to the deed, without a fight. But, why not go ahead and try. The worst thing that will happen is they'll say no. That no, may not have the force of a legal verdict. So, why not try?

army judge,

Thanks for the response. It may come down to consulting with an attorney. These types of issues are never easy to work around. Maybe there is a way to set up a trust? I will research that angle.

Army, if theses bills have not been sent to collections yet could she add her on the lease before the process starts and save the home or does it matter?

Army, if theses bills have not been sent to collections yet could she add her on the lease before the process starts and save the home or does it matter?

Blue, she could add her. I've found it very difficult to prevail in these matters. In MOST cases, any actions are often stopped or prohibited.

We have a son, that has been in a coma for 10 years. He was the victimized by a negligent anesthesiologist.

We won a a medical malpractice lawsuit and created a medical needs trust for him.

Medicare has prohibited the transfer of his home to his his adult daughters (19 and 20).

Why? Who knows.

The intent of this legislation is to inhibit fraud. It is supposed to protect the taxpayer from wealthy people getting the taxpayers to pay for their medical needs, while keeping their estates.

As is the case with most laws, they often assist the guilty, and rarely protect the innocent.

Sorry to hear about your son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back