Mechanic ruined my car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

efritz

I had damage done to my car when I took it in for a service at EZ-Lube, one of those quick oil change places.

I went in for a simple radiator flush and the technician did not do the procedure correctly. When I got back in the car, I noticed the car was overheating and now needs a new engine. Since the store agreed it was their negligence, they agreed to find a used engine, and put me in a rental car until the car was fixed.

After doing a nation-wide search for weeks, the mechanic has not been able to find a used engine. The store is now threatening to take away my rental car since it has been THREE MONTHS since the damage occurred.

To cut their losses, the store is now offering just the bluebook value of the car. This is not the solution I want since the car is only worth $2,750.00. I just want the car fixed. I can't afford a new car payment.

Can I refuse their offer to give me bluebook value of the car? Are they liable for anything else other than the value of the car? Can I ask for more than $2,750?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back