Mechanic Lien for internet work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyndiG

While this question centers around the game World of Warcraft, I would like to keep it as far removed from dealing with the game itself. However, for reference here is the WoW TOU and EULA:

I started playing the game 3 years ago, the account was under my boyfriend at the times' name, but he never touched it. When we broke up we made a verbal agreement that the account was mine to do with what I want. We tried to have Blizzard change the contact info to my own, but they wouldn't. I have spent 270+ days playing the game (not just subscribed, actually playing).

I recently quit the game and decided to sell the account to some friends of mine, to help out with my car payments. However, when my ex got wind of this, he changed the password on the account and transferred all my characters off of it, without even talking to me to confirm anything. Now, I don't care if he wants the account, and I know under Blizzard's EULA the account and characters belong to them, not either one of us. However, technically I was selling my time spent on the account, and would have been paid for that, which he has now stolen as well. I know that taking it to court won't really go anywhere, and theres the added complication that he is in California, and I live in Colorado. Is there any way to at least threaten to make him spend more money than I was going to sell the time for? Thats something Blizzard can't have anything to do with, and it'd be much simpler to cut them out of the picture.

I don't know much about mechanic liens, but I was looking into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back