1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Mechanic changing repairs and giving false dates.

Discussion in 'Car Sales, Dealers, Repairs, Lemon Law' started by Kaden, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Kaden

Kaden Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Florida
    My car has been in mechanic shop for 2months. Mechanics keep saying they missed parts and keep asking insurance to send inspector down and adjust the claim. They have done this four times. I have no other car and has left me traveling 3 hours to work on bus, train, and uber one way, every day. transportation half the time is more than what I make at work. At this point it would have been cheaper to just pay the mechanics myself and not file a claim, because it was only 3k of damages to car. The garage has given a date I would be able to pick it up 5 times, and then took it back and said they missed a part. I have informed my boss and others of when I'd have a car again based off of their dates. I'm wondering what I'd be able to sue them for, false estimates? Negligence? I don't know much about the law. (I also recorded the mechanics a couple times giving those dates just in case i needed proof in court)

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

No, you have nothing to sue for.

Don't you have rental coverage?

3. Kaden

I do have rental coverage. But they didn't give anything to cover my transportation costs. Idk if its a standard for insurance or if it depends on the plan. Idk, I'm just looking for a way to get reparations on transportation costs for me.

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Rental coverage provides X dollars per day for X number of days to rent a car.

Go rent one.

Should have done that when the car first went into the shop.

5. Kaden

should I just contact my insurance about it?

6. Kaden

I'm 19 and no rental will allow me to have a car. and alternatives like touro have a young drivers fee

7. Kaden

I'll just contact insurance, no need for lawyer. Thank you for your advice