Mechanic changing repairs and giving false dates.

Kaden

Jurisdiction
Florida
My car has been in mechanic shop for 2months. Mechanics keep saying they missed parts and keep asking insurance to send inspector down and adjust the claim. They have done this four times. I have no other car and has left me traveling 3 hours to work on bus, train, and uber one way, every day. transportation half the time is more than what I make at work. At this point it would have been cheaper to just pay the mechanics myself and not file a claim, because it was only 3k of damages to car. The garage has given a date I would be able to pick it up 5 times, and then took it back and said they missed a part. I have informed my boss and others of when I'd have a car again based off of their dates. I'm wondering what I'd be able to sue them for, false estimates? Negligence? I don't know much about the law. (I also recorded the mechanics a couple times giving those dates just in case i needed proof in court)

No, you have nothing to sue for.

Don't you have rental coverage?
I do have rental coverage. But they didn't give anything to cover my transportation costs. Idk if its a standard for insurance or if it depends on the plan. Idk, I'm just looking for a way to get reparations on transportation costs for me.

I do have rental coverage. But they didn't give anything to cover my transportation costs.

Rental coverage provides X dollars per day for X number of days to rent a car.

Go rent one.

Should have done that when the car first went into the shop.

Back