Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Maybe I can Explain this better

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhopcroft

Ok, on May 29th my husband was fired from his job because he was seen on he camera taking some lottery tickets, which he admitted to, so he was fired & they called the cops out to review the tape, the officer watched, handcuffed him & gave him a misdemenor Citation in lieu of jail time.... so we went to court on June 6th & the judge called him up & was getting ready to ask him if he wanted an attorney & the proscuter started yelling... YOur honor he wants an attorny but are going to make this a felony charge because it was over $500.00 in theft..Which however is a BIG BIG Lie! he only took $50.00 worth of tickets, but their safe & register was $900.00 short, & my husband is getting the blame, now i thought they had to have another warrent of arrest if they wanted to charge him with another theft other then lottery tickets, correct? but all he was charged with by the cop was lottery tickets..MISDEMENOR!
So he hired a lawyer instead of public defender... what do u think?

No, I do not believe there needs to be a new warrant issued. Realize that all a warrant does is authorize the arrest and detention of an individual.

I think he did the right thing in hiring a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back