Personal Bankruptcy May need to file bankruptcy and need to know whats dischargeable

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricBliss12345

Am basically in a mess.

1. Have a lot of overdue outstanding credit bills
2. Have several seriously overdue utility bills
3. Am looking at a judgement filed in my name by my previous landlord for the remaining 10,000 bucks worth of rent left on the lease
4. Got 2 new roomates to help save my house after my old roomate stiffed me, however they were two weeks late and only had half of what I asked for ($600) and that wasn't enough for the landlord so he kicked me out and wouldnt refund their money and they werent moved in yet and now they want to sue me and I was pressed into a written agreement with them. It was my fault for paying with it but I've also recently lost my job too and cant afford to pay them back.

If I lose the two potential court cases, can I claim bankruptcy and discharge those debts?

I'm sorry to hear about the mess. You might want to think of how to work things out in total satisfaction of the debt instead of just declaring bankruptcy as a way out. Many would like to escape with someting as opposed to having to file as creditors and likely never seeing a penny. Declaring bankruptcy can have some serious repercussions.

EricBliss12345 said:
Am basically in a mess.

1. Have a lot of overdue outstanding credit bills
2. Have several seriously overdue utility bills
3. Am looking at a judgement filed in my name by my previous landlord for the remaining 10,000 bucks worth of rent left on the lease
4. Got 2 new roomates to help save my house after my old roomate stiffed me, however they were two weeks late and only had half of what I asked for ($600) and that wasn't enough for the landlord so he kicked me out and wouldnt refund their money and they werent moved in yet and now they want to sue me and I was pressed into a written agreement with them. It was my fault for paying with it but I've also recently lost my job too and cant afford to pay them back.

If I lose the two potential court cases, can I claim bankruptcy and discharge those debts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back