Massive spam cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight I spent a good 6 hours cleaning out the entire database from hidden links, website spam and more. I have also locked down the forum so that it will be much more difficult for users to post spam links. Most spam messages will be visible in new posts and easily deleted. I'd like to thank each and every one of you for having helped out with the spam problems -- army judge, cbg, CdwJava, Gail in Georgia irish223, jacksgal, proserpina and mightymoose (hope I didn't miss anyone) -- really folks, thank you so much for helping us combat the spam.

Primarily, most of it comes from India and the Philippines. I'm considering locking off the server to most of those IP addresses since the noise ratio is excessive. For now, we should be fine and let me know if you encounter any problems. Some of you have been given promoted permissions (approved users) so enjoy your new powers, lol!

Professor, are you trusting the inmates in the asylum with the keys?

Ain't that risky? LOL

Thanks for all you do to make this a pleasant online community.

We should all arrange a face to face meeting one day, dinner maybe?

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year to everyone.

Thank you, cbg.

Ho, ho, ho, and a Very Merry Christmas to you, too!!!!

I just looooooooove this time of year!

Would there be any reason for someone in India or Asia to visit a site which seems to be geared toward U.S. law, except to spam the site?

We should all arrange a face to face meeting one day, dinner maybe?
Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year to everyone.
I'm completely up for this. Perhaps I should have done it last time I was in San Diego, but there is always time to do this. Would love to arrange for a meet up. Our community is actually stretched a bit across the states but hopefully we can arrange something after the holidays and see who is where and when. :)

Same best holiday wishes to all of you, as it arrives soon.

PS - I hope to be showing off some neat new stuff this month too... you'll see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back