K Visa Marrying my Uk boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamTraC

I am currently dating a guy from the United Kingdom and he and I would like to get married. I have visited him twice in the UK and he has been here to the US once all on the visa waiver program. Can we get married while he is here on the I-94 form or do I need to file a fiance visa for him before we can do so? I noticed on the I-129 F petition that there is a space under the alien fiance side that says: If your fiance is currently in the US complete the following. It asks when he/she arrived and how they arived Ie:visitor student, exchange alien, etc. It also asks for arrival/departure record I-94# date of arrival and date expired as shown on I-94. Does this mean while he is here as a visitor I can marry him and file for adjustment of status while he is here in the US or will he have to return to the UK at the end of the 90 days on his I-94? The I-129F form also asks for his social security # but he does not have one yet...How do we get him one? Lastly, when coming into the United States can he come on a one-way ticket on his I-94? There is very little info on the net about one way tickets into the US and the restictions...Please help...Thanks

The only thing I maybe able to help you on until you get a reply is, if he is from the UK and only has a one way ticket to the USA on a 90 day visa, he will proberbly " that is 99%" be turned away from the USA at port of entree. It will be different if he has a full visa. A "90 day" is a VISA waiver and has only been put in place for tourist that are there on vacation. It would be much easier if you flew to the UK to get married and then applied for a visa for him.

Anyway, hope things work out. There are some loveley churches in the UK to get married in and this time of year is perfect for it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back