Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Marijauna Possession in Arkansas - Adult

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving home from Arkansas to Texas, and my friend got pulled over for speeding. The cop searched our car because he smelled cigarette smoke, and went through all of stuff and found a little bag of weed that I forgot was even in my purse. It was barely even a gram. I have been sober for six months now, and my friend one year, so I can pass a drug test, and I told him that. She got a speeding ticket, and I got a Possession of Marijuana ticket. The ticket was cited in Arkansas, but I live in Texas.

He told me to call the number during office hours, which isn't until 8 AM tomorrow morning, and I want to know everything I can before then.

I JUST turned 18, like two months ago, and [ironically] I gave up smoking pot since I'm an adult now.

I need to know my options. If I just pay the fine, does that mean I am pleading guilty and it will be on my record forever?
How much is the fine anyways? Sites say up to 1000$, but would they really charge me that much just for a small amount?
I have a clean record, so I qualify for the alternative punishment. What do these consist of, and do I have to physically go to the court for that?
Can I get them to let me go to a courthouse in Dallas instead of somewhere in Arkansas?
What do I need to do to get this cleared off my record?
What about college...I am applying for financial aid and scholarships, do they do a background check, and will this effect it?

PLEASE. HELP!

Also, parents are out of the picture. And lawyers, I'm too poor for that :/

Hey buddy sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances leading to your ticket. Its great that you are sober now, and that will serve you well into the future.

If its your first offense, you can get a deferred entry of judgement, and it wont go on your criminal record. You can talk to an attorney for free immediately prior to your court time.

I dont know if you can get the court location transferred, CALL the court clerk where your ticket was issued as soon as possible to get more accurate information.

Yes, if you pay the fine, you are pleading GUILTY and you will have a misdemeanor. Dont do that. Appear in court and talk to an attorney about lessening the charge or getting a plea bargain.

Recent misdemeanors will affect college financial aid, so dont pay the ticket before talking to an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back