Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Manufacture/Delivery Controlled Substance Over 4 grams Under 200 grams and the Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsearae5489

My husband recently got arrested for Man/Del of a controlled substance over 4grams under 200grams. When he was arrested, he was immediately removed from the car and placed in the backseat of the police car while the officers searched the car. While in the backseat, the officers found a bag drugs in the driver's seat floorboard. (Here is where everything gets messy.) This car that my husband was driving has no ties to us, meaning no insurance, no inspection, no registration, but seeing as how he was driving it he went to jail anyway. While in jail, he was approached by a narcotics agent who offered him a deal: He would lower his bond to next to nothing if my husband would give someone up after he got bonded out. My husband took the deal. The agent said he would also keep my husband from seeing prison, etc. etc. as long as he held up his end of the deal. A week later I bailed my husband out. That day, my husband, myself, and my two small children were kicked out of our house. So we moved into a motel.
Six weeks later, my family and I are on our way to an appointment when we realize that we are getting pulled over. My husband had failed to call this agent back so he had set us up to be pulled over and searched. The officers immediately put my husband in the backseat of the police car and began asking me and him where the drugs were. The agent searched the car...nothing. The agent pulled me aside before I drove off and offered me a deal, "let me search your motel room, and I won't call cps on you." I told him no.
Since that day, my children have been taken from me and placed in foster care, and my husband still sits in jail. He was taken to jail for traffic tickets that day and then his bond was surrendered about a week later due to him not updating his address when we moved into a motel. His bond company told me that they were tipped off we were going to jump town. (Not likely with two kids and my husband working full time.)
I'm currently in the process of trying to get my children back, and trying to help my husband in anyway I can. Please, any advice anyone can give is helpful. I just want my family back.

Extra info:
[*]He requested a court appointed attorney Feb. 2.
[*]Attorney appointed Feb 8.
[*]April 18- the day we found out a court appointed attorney had even been assigned
[*]Search warrant served on our motel room turned up NOTHING!

I suggest you do not speak to your husband about this case, other than to tell him NOT to speak about it, except to his attorney.

Do not allow him to speak about this over the telephone, in person, and remind him when you write to him.

Everything that is said in person or over the telephone to jail inmate is recorded.

You now know that they will use it against you.

You should speak with his attorney ONLY at the attorney's office.

But, only do that if the attorney desires to speak with you.

Your husband is innocent until proven guilty.

He has the right to remain silent.

I hope he now realizes just how important it is to say nothing to the police or the DA.

No police officer can make a deal.

A police officer can only inform the DA that you cooperated with law enforcement efforts.

That can sometimes be used to help lessen your penalty.

No matter what, never make any deals unless your attorney is present.

Had hubby done this with his lawyer poresent, it would have been in writing.

I won't sugar coat the next part.

Your hubby is in deep, smelly, nasty poo-poo!!!!

I suggest you do what you can with CPS for your family's reunification.

CPS are very difficult and demanding.

I suggest you work with them.

Do exactly as they demand, and you will work through this.

Remember, don't talk about this with hubby.

Help him to remember to speak ONLY to his lawyer!

Thank you for not sugar coating it and for the help. I spoke with his attorney last week and he put in for a bond reduction. I will definitely write my husband and tell him to keep his mouth shut about his case. Thank you again.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back