Major Upgrades Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Today, Saturday March 15, is the day to begin the major upgrades. The forums may be down from time to time so don't be alarmed. You'll love the new features. The new networking software and resources software is also being installed today and tomorrow so parts of the site will not work or be available. These include profiles for people, their firms if they are attorneys, a much better file download section and much more.

Keeping you in the loop, we are trying to integrate some new features with our current design. It's taking a little longer than expected so we'll open the forums as a result but we will be doing testing and closing the forums periodically today, March 16.

I left a thread yesterday about my neice. I am the concernedaunt. I can not find my thread out there today and have not received a response. Can you help me or do I have to re-type it again today? I printed it off yesterday and I can re-type it if I need to, just let me know. I saw that there had been 22 views but no response when I looked last night. My title was help,I feel helpless.

Keeping you in the loop, we are trying to integrate some new features with our current design. It's taking a little longer than expected so we'll open the forums as a result but we will be doing testing and closing the forums periodically today, March 16.

Must be important if you are working on it on Sunday. Good luck.

I left a thread yesterday about my neice. I am the concernedaunt. I can not find my thread out there today and have not received a response. Can you help me or do I have to re-type it again today? I printed it off yesterday and I can re-type it if I need to, just let me know. I saw that there had been 22 views but no response when I looked last night. My title was help,I feel helpless.

This post: http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19122

You can click on your name, veiw profile. At the bottom left, there should be somthing like, " Number of post's", "All post's by member", click on that.

Thanks Scooter for the help with the poster.

Yes, the changes are important. With regard to the forum update, you will like them. :) After doing more testing, I'm glad to say that it looks very likely that we'll be able to get this part all done today. The rest of the site including the detailed profiling system and the other features may take another day or two.

OK - so our customizations went well but the software itself still has a few bugs and must go back to the developer - agh!!!! I spent a great deal of time on this and the results are impressive. But I'd rather have functionality here than a lack of utility with eye candy. I'm sorry but we'll have to wait another day or two...

We finally worked out the kinks in the new system. The upgrade will be major and completely revise the site in a way that we feel is significant and beneficial. The change will take place this weekend, April 5-6. Thanks to challenges with some of the software we license and things breaking, we preferred not to upgrade earlier and use caution. You'll definitely like the changes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back