Maintenance recorded apartment interior

Every month my apartment sends pest control and a maintenence person around. On these days I check my camera to ensue everything was done. Today I saw the maintenance person pull his phone out of his pocket and start recording the living room and kitchen area. Is he allowed to do that under the guise of pest control?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Today I saw the maintenance person pull his phone out of his pocket and start recording the living room and kitchen area. Is he allowed to do that under the guise of pest control?

If you're asking if there's any sort of law that prohibits what you described, the answer is no. If, for whatever reason, you're not happy about this, feel free to complain to your landlord. There's no legal issue here.

If you're asking if there's any sort of law that prohibits what you described, the answer is no. If, for whatever reason, you're not happy about this, feel free to complain to your landlord. There's no legal issue here.
That's it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

How do you know he was recording, as opposed to, say, video-calling with someone so they could see the unit as well?

I could see the screen and what he was looking at. I saw him push the button to record. And he said something like, this shit looks...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

And what law are you using to support that assumption? Because you don't seem to fall into one of the exceptions in the law I quoted.
From my research, you are allowed to have security cameras in your home. Recording the inside of your home. Not pointing out. Just inside. My home. Just because it's an apartment doesn't mean I can't have security.

From my research, you are allowed to have security cameras in your home. Recording the inside of your home. Not pointing out. Just inside. My home. Just because it's an apartment doesn't mean I can't have security.

You violated the law when you wrote this...

. And he said something like, this shit looks...

WIthout citations your "research" doesn't mean much.

Since it's a long post, could you point to where it specifically states that people cannot have cameras inside their home for security?
You were given the law on the matter. Point out what in the law you believe allows you to do it.

You were given the law on the matter. Point out what in the law you believe allows you to do it.
Because I've read multiple articles stating you can, for safety in your home. But you keep telling me I can't, where specifically?

Subsection (1) of FSA 934.03 criminalizes the intentional interception or attempted interception, by various means, of communications and the disclosure of such communications.

That's not what happened here, unless you think the maintenance guy's (singular) utterance was a communication with an imaginary friend or higher being (which wouldn't appear to fall within the definition of "communication," and neither does talking to oneself). Subsections (2) and (3) concern completely irrelevant situations, and subsection (4) addresses punishment. Before pressing the OP to cite law that supports his conclusion, you ought to do more than cite a rather long (~2,400 words) statute and claim that the statute makes the recording in question "likely" illegal.

I could see the screen and what he was looking at. I saw him push the button to record. And he said something like, this shit looks...

You have an incredible security camera and the guy has an incredibly clear screen for you to notice such fine details.

Back