Consumer Law, Warranties Made an Age Mistake - Server Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

inpiro

Hello,

I made a mistake nearly two years ago, when I was 15, signing up for a 24 month server contract paying monthly, in advance. Although I don't remember it, I must have either lied or misunderstood/misread when signing up and I entered my age as an adult.

Although nothing is stated in the terms and conditions about age, it does say on the sign up form "I agree with [Terms and Conditions] and sign with my name that I have completed the registration form truthfully." I have kept to the contract, its terms since and have had no problem to date, I have paid on time, every time.

A few months ago, I came to the point where I no longer wanted to continue with the contract, but because of the stupid mistake I made I don't see many options and I am currently struggling to afford it. I am aware the contract can be made void by law as I am under 18 and therefore cannot enter a legal contract, but would I face consequences for lying about my age? As far as I know, I would not be guilty of theft through deception as I pay in advance.

Should I contact my provider and explain the story? I really regret this decision and am totally lost as of what to do.

Inpiro, you don't need to explain anything when you contact the provider, except to say you were a minor when you entered into the contract.

The law doesn't require you to explain what you knew or didn't know.

As a minor the law presumes you to be incompetent.

This is one of the few times in your life where being presumed stupid pays!!!

Just go with it, sonny or dolly, roll with it dude or dudette!!!

In fact, you're legally allowed to be stupid as a minor.

Don't wise up now, if you get my drift.

You gotta play the part of the uninformed minor.

Simply play the foolish, uninformed, unsophisticated minor that didn't know anything when you signed up for the contract.

You must act rapidly, before you become an adult in some months.

Why?

Well, the big, bad, bullying company is going to have to allow you to void the contract and refund all monies they've "tricked" a disadvantaged minor out of paying them.

Sweet, huh?

It is the law, sonny or dolly. It is the law.

Send proof of your age, and it sometimes hastens the refund they owe you, if you get mommy or daddy involved!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the response.

If I do tell them and void the contract, haven't I still committed a crime regarding my age?

Say deceit or fraud as I agreed that I was being truthful - whether it was a mistake or on purpose, because I am still criminally responsible as a minor.

Im not really bothered about the money I have paid them so far, I have gotten what I paid and I don't really want to annoy anybody too much.

If anyone has committed a crime, it is the corporation that took advantage of your youthful ignorance and tricked you into contracting with them. You weren't required as a minor to know any of the things that you're spouting.

You do want out of the contract, right? If you do, I've told you what to do. If you don't, tell them what you've told me.

Dude, stop talking, just stop talking. You're screwing yourself.

Thank you for the response.

If I do tell them and void the contract, haven't I still committed a crime regarding my age?

Say deceit or fraud as I agreed that I was being truthful - whether it was a mistake or on purpose, because I am still criminally responsible as a minor.

Im not really bothered about the money I have paid them so far, I have gotten what I paid and I don't really want to annoy anybody too much.

Alright, thanks. I'll post back when I have a result.

Cheers.

If anyone has committed a crime, it is the corporation that took advantage of your youthful ignorance and tricked you into contracting with them. You weren't required as a minor to know any of the things that you're spouting.

You do want out of the contract, right? If you do, I've told you what to do. If you don't, tell them what you've told me.

Dude, stop talking, just stop talking. You're screwing yourself.

I just noticed you reside in the EU, specifically Germany.

Before you leap, you might want to speak with an attorney.

The EU has some very unusual applications of the law, as does the German Republic.

I live in the UK, the contract is with a German company.

You wouldn't be able to refer anybody would you?

I just noticed you reside in the EU, specifically Germany.

Before you leap, you might want to speak with an attorney.

The EU has some very unusual applications of the law, as does the German Republic.

I live in the UK, the contract is with a German company.

You wouldn't be able to refer anybody would you?

No worries, a German company has no ability to do anything to you in the UK.

They can't touch you.

You're a British subject living in Her Majesty's Kingdom.

God, I love your Queen.

She's such a royal, and every bit a refined lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back