Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication M.I.P. Alcohol Misdemeanor California

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYMN42

I recently received a ticket for Minor in Possession of Alcohol "B&P 25662(a)" I have a couple of question regarding this ticket. One, on the DMV website I searched this violation and it states alcohol can not be in the possession of a minor at any "public place or in any place open to the public." I was in the driveway of my friends house at 9:30pm when Deputy Romero and a fellow officer confounded me with an alcoholic beverage. Is this considered a "public place or in any place open to the public"? Also, my friend was having a party when this all went down, and the cops ended up having back-up come which resulted in about 15 more cops. So Deputy Romero ended up throwing me in the back of the police car with two others with cuffs on us for about an hour. When it came time for citations, Deputy Romero had a partner write up the ticket because he was so busy. I asked to speak to Deputy Romero, and was denied. The partner was told by another officer to go ahead and just sign Romero's name and badge number on the ticket. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is forging. Do you think I can get this ticket thrown out. Also if not, what I am facing for the M.I.P. How much and does it go on my record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back