Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication M.I.C. Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standup1

I am 19 and I am having some trouble with understanding how and whats going on involving me and the other people i was with when i got an M.I.C.

OK so may 13 of this year i was riding in a car that was stopped by a dcso (douglas county sheriff officer ) he comes driver window like any officer would and asks why do u think i pulled you over? ... to which his answer was a broken license plate light ... one the first of many questionable occurrences to happen but moving on .. after asking all of us how much we had to drink because he could smell the booze in the car ( there wasnt any booze in the car the drinking had occurred someplace else) he pulled us out one by one for a pbt test i was riding with another 19 year old female, 17 year old male, and two males over the age of 21. We were all issued an M.I.C. Except of course the two 21 year old that both received a contributing to minors violation the driver received a M.I.C. but not a DUI

now here is where its gets funny after dcso leaves we inquire out tickets and look them over the drivers ticket says that she is charged with a M.I.C but in the space where the pbt results should be is blank it shows that she was tested but there were no results.. further more one of the 21 years old shows that he was the driver on his ticket which he was not

after talking it over with some people and being urged to go get a copy of the police report for the incident we headed down to he sheriff's office today to see what could be done to fix the mishap

they wouldn't give us a copy of out ticket or a police report but they did tell us however that we would receive one on the morning of our court date

even weirder the date in which this all took place was on the 13 the date in which the office says it took place is the 27 a whole two weeks afterward

....i am confused and given up faith in our law system i dont quite understand what if anything can be done so if any advice to what i can do apart from the standard "don't drink" i understand that drinking under the age of 21 is a crime and such but i also know that the police cant just impose their will ...

i have been told that if they screw up on ones persons ticket that everybody involved charge's are dropped just on the simple fact that it brings question to ligament of the others tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back