Lying, getting a hearing, settlement strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrdHrdlrDad

I am a pro se litigant in a Federal Civil lawsuit. I have reluctantly learned a lot about the relevant laws and case law. I have 3 questions and would appreciate any answer, including where I may find the answers on my own.
We are currently conducting discovery. The defendants lied numerous times prior to the lawsuit during an EEOC investigation. Some of these lies I can prove, some are strictly my word against his. On a Request for Admissions I submitted the defendant lied yet again. They have no idea that I can prove the lie. I filed a Motion to Show Cause for contempt but I was hesitant to disclose in detail how I can prove the lie because I do not want the defendants to squirm out of it. The motion was denied and I understand why. I then filed an amended motion requesting a hearing. That way all of this can take place under oath in front of the judge. How can I see that I am granted a hearing? Providing I indeed have a case, what will the consequences of being caught in lies be for the defendants? and when their attorney realizes what he is dealing with will he be motivated to settle?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back