Assault & Battery looking at 25 to life at 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudedue

I am in need of a good criminal lawyer. My nephew is only 16 and has never been in trouble nor has he had any afiliation with gangs. He is very involved with his church & attends public high school & has a 4.0 GPA. & a scollarship to go to college, Then in 02/2006 he was jumped by local gang members and severely beaten & stab and left for dead & was unable to ID his assailants. He endured several surgerys and has scars all over his upper torso & face. And against all odds returned to school that Sept. Only to be harrassed by gang members once again. Then in Oct. he was spotted alone and jumped by gang members only this time he fought back and someone came to his aid when they seen the assault. By the time he made it home 2 boys were in the hospital in critical condition a week later 1 dies. And my nephew was arrested and has been detained ever since. And now the prosecutor says its racial due to the fact the boy was black and my nephew is a fair complexed Native American with Mexican desent & they're going to try him as an adult also . Our family doesn't have much money but have managed to pay the hospital bills & get an attorney this far and now this attorney is asking for ALOT more money to continue representing him. More than we as a family unit can scrap together. He goes to trial on 06/11/07 & is being charged with 8 counts of: murder 1, murder 2, attempt, use of deadly weapon in crime, battery with use of a deadly weapon. Our church has helped us alot but it just isn't enough. Please we need some help & we don't what to do or where to get it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your nephew needs to ask for a public defender.

If your nephew is native american there might be some legal services avail to him, I am not sure. He either needs to rely on his public defender or hire a attorney which will not be cheap. I do not see how this is race related since both the victim and your newphew are minorities. Keep in mind you are only hearing one side of the story, only your newphew, the boy that is alive and the witness knows that happened.

where is the witness? Did he witness your nephew defending himself?

Do not get a public defender my husband also fought back against a gang member and the gang member was killed. He was charged with 3rd degree murder and is know doing 15 to 30 years. Our public defender screwed us dab. I think his case was decided before the trial started. You need to prove the guy who was killed was a gang member. You also need to see if he had a criminal record. That wiil go a along way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back