Living together.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky22

Hello there,
I could use some legal advice here please.We have been together 6 years..engaged and living together in his house for 3 years. The deal was that I work part time out of the house, and do all the wifely duties (cook, clean, all yardwork, etc) .I gave up my rental home, may possessions and job to relocate.
He is a committment phobic and controling person who wants me to continue to do eveything, plus make more money, and he keeps putting off getting married. So essentially I am taking care of him...his home and he has the ability to throw me out on the street anytime.
I am in an extreme tight situation and am sabatoged everytime I try to get work to support myself and keep up with everything he wants me to do around here.

Can he get away with this???? Am I just going to end up on the street with nothing after investing all my time and money into his house???

Thanks for your time,
Sky
(Pennsylvania)

Hello there,
I could use some legal advice here please.We have been together 6 years..engaged and living together in his house for 3 years. The deal was that I work part time out of the house, and do all the wifely duties (cook, clean, all yardwork, etc) .I gave up my rental home, may possessions and job to relocate.
He is a committment phobic and controling person who wants me to continue to do eveything, plus make more money, and he keeps putting off getting married. So essentially I am taking care of him...his home and he has the ability to throw me out on the street anytime.
I am in an extreme tight situation and am sabatoged everytime I try to get work to support myself and keep up with everything he wants me to do around here.

Can he get away with this???? Am I just going to end up on the street with nothing after investing all my time and money into his house???

Thanks for your time,
Sky
(Pennsylvania)

Yes, he can get away with it as long as you let him.

By the way, if you don't have a ring and a date, you are not engaged.

I am not sure what you are asking but since you are not legally married, you lose most of your rights to anything. Only about 10 states legally recognize common law marriage and if you are in one of those states, you might have some claim. You did not say what state you are in.

If you think this relationship is ending, then time to go look for a job and another place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back