Parole, Probation Living in Public Housing on Probation

P

pacoparrot

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
So I just got approved for public housing and moved in a few weeks ago. They did a background check which I passed because I have no criminal record. I'd like my girlfriend to be able to move in with me but I am afraid that her misdemeanor False police report charge and the probation she is on until next year because of it might disqualify her. Since her crimes are not drug related or violent do you think they will allow her to live with me? She needs a place to go and is going to be homeless without my help. I would appreciate advice and anyone experienced in this kind of situation. I am afraid to ask my landlord before I can get some information on this. Thank you everyone!

I am afraid to ask my landlord before I can get some information on this.

Doesn't matter what we tell you here because there is no law compelling your landlord to allow your girlfriend to move in with you.

I do suggest that you don't rely on "asking." Rather I suggest you get an application and authorization form from the management office and have her fill it out completely and honestly and submit that to the management office for an "official" response.

Back