Criminal Records, Expungement livescan with a dismissed conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashleyh

In 2009 I was convicted of petty theft and after completing the probation period I got it dismissed. I took classes to get my CNA license and because it still showed up on the background test I had to write letters and give references from friends/family to the state and they allowed me to get licensed. Now I am applying for jobs and I filled out an application that asked if I have ever been convicted of a felony and I put no. It did not ask anything about a misdemeanor or any other type of crime except felony. They offered me a position as a caregiver and I go in next week for the background check/live scan. Would the conviction show up or would it just show that it was dismissed but not say what the crime was. I don't know if I should tell them since they didn't ask about anything but felonies. Maybe they will not check for anything smaller than a felony but I thought live scans check everything even dismissed cases and because its for a caregiver they might be more thorough. I will tell them if it is what I should do but I am not sure how livescan works and if I legally have to tell them because it was dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back