Criminal Records, Expungement live scan with dismissal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyhs

In 2009 I got convicted of petty theft misdemeanor. After completing the probation period I got the case dismissed. When I got my cna license it showed up on there background check and I had to write letters and get personal references for the state in order to get licensed.

Now I got offered a position at an assisted living. When filling out the application it only asked if I got convicted of a felony so I said no. They said they want me to go get a live scan next week. I do not know how live scan works but should I tell them about the dismissal. I heard that jobs do not get that information only the state and government agencies. I do not want to tell them if legally I do not have to but if it will still show up I want to let them know ahead of time.

Is there different levels of live scan that will make them able to see a dismissed case.

Live scan is just a modern way of collecting fingerprints without the mess of ink.
If your application was specific to felonies and you have not been convicted of a felony then you can answer no truthfully. Some remnant of your misdemeanor may still be out there, and if questions are raised about it you can explain when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back