Limiting the liability of my social network

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetstory

Hello,

I am in the act of starting a social network that encourages its members to interact spontaneously with other members who may be total strangers. This social interaction is encouraged in public situations such as on the subway, on the street, in the bar, etc. The way that members of the social network can identify each other is by an article of clothing that is provided by the company. I am concerned that a member of the community may get assaulted while interacting with another member or even non-member, and that I will get sued because the social network encourages spontaneous interaction. What is the best way to limit my liability if such a thing were to happen? Is it enough that I have a safety tips section on the website, and that I claim that by wearing our physical identifier one accepts our terms and conditions (also posted on the site). Note that members do not have to sign up to be a part of the community.

Thanks,

Tom

I would check with a lawyer in your state. You need a strong disclaimer and if you can a Hold Harmless agreement or waiver of liability agreement. Even then you may get sued if you are not careful how you put this together. This requires some legal work up front to save you a ton of legal expense in the rear.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back