Lien put on Bank Account from collection agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

skegee89

I am in the final process of purchasing my 1st home. I go to settlement on the 23rd of January. (I hope now). I went to use my ATM this evening and found that a collection agency put a lien on my account. I have had my credit report run numerous times in the process of getting my mortgage. I do not know what this lien is for. Shouldn't there have been some indication on my credit report or any notification about a judgement? Is this the end of my American Dream? I did get the bank to give me the name of the attorney(collection agency) to call. The county is the one who put the lien on the account. Will they have to remove it? I really have know idea what the judgement was for I got no notices or anything. I do have a very common name, I hope I can contact someone in the morning from this collection agency to find out what this is all about. Any suggestions, at this point my checking account is $0.00
:eek:

Well there was nothing that I was be able to find out so I'll have to wait until Monday morning. It's going to be a long weekend.

Well I did find out what this was for. This collection agencey took me to court without any notifictions for a debt that was paid off in 2007. The original creditor sold the debt to 2 collection agencies. The problem I have is that I NEVER received any type of correspondence from this new company, no notification from the court or anytype of notice. I had to send two letters from the creditor showing that the debt was paid but the collection agency said they wanted to see proof of the monies coming out of my checking account they wanted me to show them my bank statements. I now have a lawyer. Thanks to my lawyer calling the lein is being removed. I am still waitng to see why I was never sent any type of notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back