lien and rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

liennot

I was buying a house that wasn't finished remodeling by owner. He agreed to let me stay in house stating it would be done in a week. wasn't done in a week then tried to get me to pay rent. House closed and I brought house now old owner put a lien against my house and I never got the lien served me. What should I do?

Last edited:
I was buying a house that wasn't finished remodeling by owner. He agreed to let me stay in house stating it would be done in a week. wasn't done in a week then tried to get me to pay rent. House closed and I brought house now old owner put a lien against my house and I never got the lien served me. What should I do?

I was buying a house that wasn't finished remodeling by owner. He agreed to let me stay in house stating it would be done in a week. wasn't done in a week then tried to get me to pay rent. House closed and I brought house now old owner put a lien against my house and I never got the lien served me. Can I appeal the lien?

I was buying a house that wasn't finished remodeling by owner. He agreed to let me stay in house stating it would be done in a week. wasn't done in a week then tried to get me to pay rent. House closed and I brought house now old owner put a lien against my house and I never got the lien served me. Can I appeal the lien?

What kind of lien are you talking about?

I went to refinance my home for a cheaper interest rate and the mortgage company stated I had a lien against my home: Claim of Lien in favor of person doing lien against me recorded in district court of records. Does this help? I never got a copy of the lien as far as I know it was never served. Now the person who put the lien refuses to talk to me on the phone to explain why it was put on. I don't have the details as I never got a copy of the lien. I do know they wanted me to pay rent for the month they were working on the home and we had moved our belongings in. But they told us we could and never mentioned rent until the day of closing. The amount of the lien is double what the rent was for. We closed on the home. I left an voicemail on their phone telling them that although I didn't feel I owed them anything I was willing to dismiss the things they still had left to do in the house for what they concluded I owe them for the rent and to get back with us if this was not satisfactory. We never heard from them again. The lien was files 90 days from the closing on the house.

What state are you in?
Is it a mechanics lien?
Is the owner a licensed contractor?
Did you have a contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back