Liabel via company email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyed

My fiances ex-wife continues to send him emails, from her work place computer, even after he has asked her to stop. It's a typical case of "a woman scorned". Her emails are usually after a weekend that my fiance has visitation with his son & I'm there also. The email are very long & full of "dramatic" statements like:

"I know for fact that see has no sense of public decency, self respect, nor concern for our son's well being and I will not have her, or any other woman you may choose to date, in the presence of my son."

She constantly threatens him with refusing visitation & calls me names, such as whore, etc. I have not met her, so far, and we do not live in the same town. I know her statements about me are not true but would still like her to stop the harassing emails.

Since she is using her work email is there a legal way to get her to stop sending these emails?

Your fiance should first tell her that he does not wish to receive any more email communications from her. He should likely confirm this by sending a second message to her making this clear and that he will not respond. If not, it will look like you and/or your fiancee are using this as an opportunity to make her life miserable at work and potentially expose both of you to liability.

Originally posted by Annoyed
My fiances ex-wife continues to send him emails, from her work place computer, even after he has asked her to stop. It's a typical case of "a woman scorned". Her emails are usually after a weekend that my fiance has visitation with his son & I'm there also. The email are very long & full of "dramatic" statements like:

"I know for fact that see has no sense of public decency, self respect, nor concern for our son's well being and I will not have her, or any other woman you may choose to date, in the presence of my son."

She constantly threatens him with refusing visitation & calls me names, such as whore, etc. I have not met her, so far, and we do not live in the same town. I know her statements about me are not true but would still like her to stop the harassing emails.

Since she is using her work email is there a legal way to get her to stop sending these emails?

The Obvious

Obviously he has asked her to stop emailing him. I thought that would go without saying. He has asked her to stop but most of the time he just doesn't reply at all.

Since then she has started calling & leaving him insane voice mails, which make her guilty of a class c misdemeanor in AL for the use of lewd, obscene & profane language.

Last edited:
Re: The Obvious

If he has given her notice in email which has been acknowledged, then you have done what you need before the next step. He should not bother replying at all and use her bad emails. The real question is, what do you want as a remedy? If it's harrassment, report the conduct to the police and to her ISP. Note that her conduct is not libel but harrassing conduct.

Originally posted by Annoyed
Obviously he has asked her to stop emailing him. I thought that would go without saying. He has asked her to stop but most of the time he just doesn't reply at all.

Since then she has started calling & leaving him insane voice mails, which make her guilty of a class c misdemeanor in AL for the use of lewd, obscene & profane language.

I went through this same type situation, except i'm the hubby, re-married, with an ex and 2 kids. :)

When I would try to "get" my kids for the day, weekend, week, what have you, it was always followed by nasty email, (which we use for main communication with ex), phone calls here and there, but she went even farther!!! She talked to my parents almost daily!! lol

Imagine my wife, calling my parents, only to be put on hold, so they can speak to my EX!!! ahhhhhhhh

Anyway.. rambling again...

At that time, we had no court arranged agreement. I decided this would be the best routine, and cause the least stress for all involved parties.
We did have to speak with my ex on a few occastions, to get a shared parenting agreement, worked out, but for the most part, included things in that agreement, like contacts.

Agree upon a way of communication. ie email, via phone, airplane writing with smoke in sky, etc.
Agree on timing issuse... ie If a change is needed, at min. 24 hours notice is required, a min. 24 hours reply time, if via email... etc.

Above the agreements made in the court documents, DON'T COMMUNICATE. DEMAND that she stop talking anything about you. Send her an email, explain, this is the ONLY email i will send you, Make sure that you check in options, to get a "reciept" from your email, that she has recieved/read the mail.

Defend what you'd like about what she's said in the past, and end with, unless you intend to take ________ to court, to forbid him visitation, it is not your decision who he lives life with. I will in no way prohibit visitation from _______'s children, and will help in whatever way necc. with the children.
I will not reply to this message, nor will I/my hubby reply to any obnoxious, namecalling, or otherwise rude actions again.

Alway end with... Thanks Makes 'em think you like 'em, cuz you slanged thank you... lol Boy.... it's Friday... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back