Lemon Law Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm in Arizona and financed a 2007 Nissan Murano with 77k miles. They gave me a warranty for 3 yrs or 3600 miles. The vehicle drove well and didn't notice anything wrong. Then the very next morning, the vehicle started smoking on start-up. It was a continuous smoking but enough to notice it. We called the salesman and told him about it. He recommended an oil change because it was overdue and this may have fixed the issue he said. The problem just got worse. So we took it in and after waiting for an hour or so the shop manager came out and said that some parts were replaced and that it should fix it. Of course this did nothing. We took it in again on 4/17 and we are yet to get it back. Now their Shop Manager says that they had to put in a rebuilt engine and the shop mechanic claims that the valve gaskets were replaced. Either way its been more than 45 days and either repair will hurt its value because the involve opening or replacing the engine. So at this point I don't think I even want it back and believe that the whole issue was a pre-existing condition that was never told to me. Would this situation fall under the Az used car Lemon Laws? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Read your "warranty", and make sure it is a WARRANTY, not just a sham.

Your options are few.
These days a seven year old car is generally a bucket of moving, rattling bolts.

Under the limited protection the AZ Used Car Lemon Law provides, your remedy is to file a complaint with the AZ State agency on the website that follows:

https://www.azag.gov/consumer/cars

That's all you've got, which isn't much.
Plus, it's the gubmint.

All they're good at is taking our money.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back